Monday, October 26, 2009

PICTURES

Wxxa! Finally I have some pictures for you all. I hope you enjoy. Also, as a bit of a side note, I have only used a fork three times so far in this country. Ok. Lets Bust.

Me, my host brother and a friend at the McDonalds in Fez... Yes it was a McDonalds, but I compromised my integrity because it was the only place with ice cream.

The tanneries in Fez. Sex Panther, the musk Paul Rudd wears in the movie Anchorman comes to mind here...

My host brother and I in front of the king's palace in Fez. Super zween!

Jason, my host brother, a friend, and I at the rear end of the lion in Fez. Everybody was taking pictures of the head. We wanted to be different.

Donniel, Jason, my host brother, a friend, and I in front of a fountain in Fez.


Jason and I with the bride and groom at a wedding. Don't worry, they are having fun. It is customary for the married couple not to smile during this part of the ceremony.

Donniel and David dancing with the kids at a pre wedding bash.

My dancing buddies at Wedding number 1.

"Stah" ing at the first wedding. I totally brought the fist pump to Africa.

Host brothers, Jason, and community friends at the first wedding.

Kif Kif.

Jackie Chan movie poster... Bust!

My family in Fez. I got to wear some traditional Moroccan garb.

At a mosque in Fez. Here in Morocco only Muslims are allowed to enter.

A view from my roof.

The mosque next door that is under construction. It is by far this biggest one in town.

My tiger... or host cat: Nikko.

The gorge in my town. Apparently it was once filled with water.

The souk. Six days out of the week it looks like this, but on Wednesdays it is crowded with all kinds of vendors selling chickens, fruits, vegetables, clothes, and tools.

The main street in my town. Umm. Yea.

My room. I sleep on the couch in the distance. The room next to me houses a bunch of bunnies which I recently found out are used fairly consistently for our dinner. When I found out I attempted my first joke in complete darija. I said: "Tonight the bunnies. Next week me?" I got all stares for a good 10 awkward seconds. Finally, the mom started cracking up and everybody at the table followed. Better luck next time I suppose.

Salaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment