Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some Photos

It took a short jump from winter to summer here in Ribat El Kheir. We practically skipped over the entire thing that we call spring in America. Just a couple weeks ago it was cold and now its 95 degrees. However, we did have a little spring. And damn, was it beautiful. Here is my site mate Lynn and our friend in front of a beautiful green field.

Here is a view of my site. Its pretty when everything is green. Unfortunately, its only like this for a couple weeks out of the year.

A waterfall I stumbled upon after a 15 kilometer hike. This was actually my goal for the hike, but upon my return I realized I could have taken a 2 kilometer route... oops.

The river that lead me to the magnificent waterfall mentioned above. This river was awesome. There were turtles in it that we just floating down stream, not a care in the world, surfing it! Sometimes I wish I was a turtle. I guess I forgot my inner tube on this hike. I won't let that happen again.

Hmm. More to come, if God wills.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. Morocco looks beautiful. I have been nominated to there or Jordan for October(am hoping for Morocco!). Have you had many opportunities to travel within the country outside of your site? How many weeks before your departure date were you given an invite? I am trying to juggle selling a house but not actual knowing "for sure" that my wife and I are actually going to get an invite. And the common theme seems that the PC only gives invites the required 6 weeks before your departure date. I just want to see what you experience has been. I enjoy reading your blog about Morocco. Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Morocco is very beautiful. I got my invite about four months before I departed in September, but I had been in the application process for practically a year at that point. What program were you nominated for? Youth Development or Small Business Development?

    I love traveling across the country. Its a really diverse place and you find something unique everywhere you go. Its also fairly easy to get around from place to place.

    My email is kitlas87@gmail.com. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete