Monday, January 11, 2010

The locals...

When I first arrived in my town in November I was immediately given the opportunity to travel around the countryside with a couple locals. They showed me the smaller villages around the area, the huge mountains, and the beautiful forests. One of the parts of the trip that I was most stunned by was a small village built into the side of a limestone hill. It really was a spectacular sight, very foreign, and a place completely secluded from everything. It looked like a real Peace Corps village... you know, the kind you think you'll be placed in and the kind your mother fears when you discover you've been accepted into the Peace Corps.

Not only did we see the village, but we also ran into some inhabitants of the town on our trip through the mountains. The first image is that of the village, the following image shows its inhabitants. We offered them some bread and cheese when we passed them. I'm pretty sure they were very pleased. I snapped the photo without really telling them so it was a candid shot. However, it was my Moroccan counterparts that were pushing me to take the photo. They were just as intrigued as I was. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment