Friday, September 11, 2009

Ants in Pants

Just in case anyone is actually following my blog I felt like I couldn't let you down on my promise to discover the origin of the phrase "I have ants in my pants". As I have a bit of free time before dinner this seems like the perfect opportunity to let you, my loyal followers, in on the little secret.

I guess its not very secret and positively straight forward. Wiki answers actually makes me appear sort of foolish looking it up. It derives from the constant movement one makes when ants are crawling in one's pants. Of course. On a side note, when I was searching for this answer I ran across an urban dictionary entry for the word "Nabilesque" which is an adjective that relates to a strong leader, with an open mind, willing to get the job done. Apparently, this word has an arabic origin meaning "noble" and "of or relating to Nabil".

See you learn something new everyday!

There is really nothing too exciting to take pictures of at this moment considering we've been listening to lectures all day. I did get to swim in the Atlantic this afternoon which was refreshing. The water was perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pete!
    Love the blog. Keep writing please!!!
    Btw - have you had ants in your actual pants yet?? In Tanzania there were these huge ants that would crawl into your pants, etc. Ross and I had the worst time with them. You would literally have to strip down in front of everyone to get them off of you!!
    Have fun!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete