Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

In that case I won't bore you with long paragraphs. Essentially, there is not even much to write about or elaborate on. We have been sitting inside for most of the day listening to people speak about safety, commitment, and evaluations, etc. etc. etc. The most interesting part of today was talking to some active volunteers about our Community Based Training which begins on Tuesday. The Youth Development folks are going to a region in the High Atlas mountains. There we will be divided into groups of five. We will each live with our host family and undergo hours of language, cultural, and technical training throughout the day.

This afternoon we went back to the beach for a swim and some exercise. We have a very active group (which I expected from a Peace Corps crowd) so the free time is always filled with heart-pumping, exhilarating activity. I wouldn't be surprised if someone suggests skydiving soon...

I must note, as I'm sure my mom would be pleased to hear, that the protection enlisted to make sure we are safe at our hotel is incredible. There are officers stationed at both ends of the street that the hotel is on. I believe there are guards stationed at posts all day and night; a very comforting thought. And considering it is Ramadan, this feat is even more unbelievable. The hospitality we have received here is exceptional. Everybody is very welcoming. I guess I did not do a very good shop at keeping this post short on words... but anyway, without further adieu, here are the photographs.

Sarah, Ryan, and I in the hotel post afternoon beach adventure.

An attempt at an artistic self portrait. This is what most of the buildings we've encountered so far look like. This was taken at about 8 a.m. The shadows in the bottom right corner are Ben and I.

A sunny picture of the beach.

Emily, Cara, and I at an airport Martini bar before our flight. If you ever stumble into JFK and have a chance, they make a good drink.

A break. I'm drinking the famous Moroccan mint tea. It is extremely delicious and loaded with sugar. Consequently, it provides a great energy boost late in the afternoon.



1 comment:

  1. The turtles finally went to Fez? Mazian. How was?

    -David

    ReplyDelete