Monday, September 7, 2009

Time to GO!


Its finally time to leave. I head down to Philadelphia for staging tomorrow and then get back on a bus and head up to JFK for our flight to Casablanca on the 9th. This requires a bit of back-tracking for me... driving down to Philadelphia only to drive right back up to New York a day later. I can't really bring myself to complain, though. I'm extremely excited to leave; one might say I have "ants in my pants". You know, the ones that make you squirm around because they are crawling everywhere and you can't seem to get them out. (As a side, I've never actually had ants in my pants. This could be a new experience I have in the Peace Corps. Who knows? I can't imagine it to be too comfortable though, which makes me wonder how that expression originated. AHA! I've found a topic for my next post!)

Regardless, I haven't sat still once yet today. I just returned from a trip up to Vermont. I did some hiking with the family and visited the Magic Hat Brewery. Above is a picture of my mom, brother, me, and family friends Jane (Janiel) and Dan on top of Mt. Mansfield.

I've also included my address below. This will work for the first 9 weeks when I am a trainee. The Peace Corps asks that no packages be sent to this address... letters are fine though.

Peter Kitlas
s/c Corps de la Paix
2, Rue Abou Marouane Essaadi, Agdal
Rabat 10100, Morocco

As you can see the French influence is still abundantly present in Morocco. More to come on that I'm sure.

Thanks to everyone who helped get me to this point. I'm forever indebted to you guys. But now I'm on my own, a new adventure on the horizon.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment